Animax Designs Inc., based in Nashville, Tennessee is currently hiring. Founded in 1989, we specialize in the design + production of electromechanical animatronic creatures/characters for live shows and theme park attractions. Our work ranges from intelligent animatronics, hybrid performance characters, animated costumes, to mechanized and traditional puppets.
This is a full time position with a generous benefit package.
We are looking for a skilled Costume Stitcher to join our costume team.
- Costume construction, alteration, and finishing work using both hand and machine stitching
- Cutting garments from commercial and original patterns as needed
- Assisting with fittings as needed
- Assisting with craft projects as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by Costume Shop Manager as needed
- Experience in a variety of machine sewing techniques (domestic + industrial)
- Experience in a variety of hand sewing techniques
- Be a self-starter and have an outgoing, warm personality, positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to perform maintenance of personal work area, including sewing machinery as necessary to keep work moving effectively
- Ability to communicate with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of fabrics, fibers, dyes and related chemicals, dyeing and painting techniques and dye equipment, as well as the safe use of such equipment is a plus.
- Patterning, Draping, and/or Millinery skills are a plus
Check out our website at: animaxdesigns.com
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not, under any circumstances, accept unrequested submissions via USPS, UPS, or FedEx. Any unrequested materials will be destroyed.
210 Venture Circle
Nashville, TN 37228
Posted: 03/16/2017 13:56:42 EST
Last Updated: 12/03/2016 19:01 EST