June to August 2017
Includes Room and Board biweekly
Circus Smirkus is gearing up for it's 30th Anniversary 2017 summer season. Tour staff experience firsthand the excitement and adventures of being part of a traditional touring youth circus. Teamwork, a good attitude, and the willingness to get things done are a must! We are seeking a head rigger to join us as part of our circus family this summer!
Visit our website, http://www.smirkus.org/employment/ for more information on the position and our organization.
Head Rigger is responsible for the safe and efficient installation of all artistic rigging needs, the planning and execution of
rigging changes during performances and the supervision of Ring Crew during performances.
1. Develop procedures for the safe and efficient operation of performance rigging apparatus.
2. Assist Rigging Designer in design, build and execution of rigging plot and rigging apparatus before and during the training period per the needs of the show, in collaboration and consultation with the Show Directors and coaches.
3. Change over rigging equipment during training period.
4. Set-up and tear-down performance rigging equipment.
5. Prepare rigging equipment for each performance. Assure that any equipment pre-sets are in place one hour before showtime.
6. Plan, supervise, and participate in rigging changes during performances.
7. Supervise ring crew during performances.
8. Perform safety evaluations on all rigging equipment on a weekly basis.
9. Inventory and catalog all rigging equipment at the beginning and end of tour. Provide Production Manager with any equipment/rigging material needs/requests and give recommendations for replacements/upgrades to rigging materials (lines, pulleys, carabineers, etc).
10. See to the proper storage of all rigging equipment at the end of tour.
11. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
12. Ability to work at heights.
13. Assist in the set-up and tear down of back lot at the discretion of the Circus Operations Director. Duties may include but not limited to: Setting and leveling bunkhouses, running hoses and electrical cords,setting up dish washing station, setting up picnic tables and dining tent.
14. Ability to work at heights.
15. Drive company vehicle.
1 Circus Road
Greensboro, VT 05841
Posted: 03/21/2017 00:00:00 EST
Last Updated: 12/04/2016 00:01 EST